Friday, April 8, 2011

Well I am back to heart monitor and watch for running. Jessica the Exercise Coordinator at my clinic really thinks that cardiac guys should run with a monitor so I dusted it off and ran with it a couple of runs. Not sure if it needs a battery change ; today after a minute of running I was at 160 beats per minute and no way I was doing that. After I got a bit of a sweat on, the thing hovered in the 103 to 117 range which is in the okay field for me.

Since I am signed up for 5K of Diefenbooker I have decided to follow their running schedule sort of - this week we should be running six and ones in tomorrow's five kilometer run, but my wife inspired me to do ten and ones this week. I am sure that she would not want to take the credit but it is her doing.

I feel strangely serene when I run except when I run up a hill and then vomiting crosses my mind. (it has been my experience that vomiting and serenity are often mutually exclusive) Bur then I feel like a soaring beagle and sniff myself ahead.
And for the record (and the benefit of my wife) I do know that nausea is a cardiac danger side and my refernece to vomiting is factious. I do struggle in hill running, but runners do say the "hill is your friend", and at times I do believe them.

When my wife reads that she inspired the ten and ones she will act bewildered and I will giggle hysterically, which I often do when I am , er, what is the word - am lying. It was my idea, inspired by the good weather to run those ten and ones. But I love my wife a great deal and want to be around for her so I can receive her love and give her mine. So it really was her fault and that is no lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment