Thursday, September 9, 2010

So like I am off to Ottawa for an important meeting and just as I am about to leave the driveway, my wife, who is walking the beagle, flags me down and points out that my front right tire is a bit low on air. I have lots of time to stop in at the gas station (that has free air) and I stop to fill up. No sooner than I am filling up I hear a strange hissing - I back of the filly thing and "whoosh" ; the valve from the tire goes flying out and the tire deflates like Stephen Harper's dream of a majority.
I call the 800 number that comes with the car and the guy comes to put on the donut tire but cautions me not to take it on the highway. I drive to town and the tire guy replaces the valve for $30 bucks. He tells me that the valve was badly rusted

And then I think - what if this had happened on the Queensway? But for the grace of God .......

No comments:

Post a Comment