Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just like a year ago today, May 15th is still my birthday. A few details: I did go into emergency to check out that side pain (can't be too careful) and it turned out to just be muscle pain due to my raking - that felt good! (no, not the pain, but the relief at it being muscle pain) .
I was up north of Massey Ontario fishing for the last few days. I was with some life long friends and their kids. Other than that making me feel old, it was a lot of fun and I am glad that they let me be part of their family. It was a lot of driving - 1200 kilometers in four days and kind of tiring but I am glad that I was able to do it. It really made be grateful for my health.
Today I woke up in a warm house with my wife at my side and a beagle and assorted cats near by. I read birthday greetings on Facebook. I had local fiddleheads for dinner. I had a rhubarb custard tart (more like a pie!) for dessert. Yet again my cup runneth over.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated...you share a birthday day with my firstborn! He had a pirate party with a bunch of 6 year old boys...yours sounded more peaceful! Have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete