Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tonight it is a frosty and clear night in the Ottawa Valley. After a balmy very early winter the ever so slightly lengthening days are being marked by snow and temperature dips to minus 20 C. I am sitting by the fireplace, toasty as a baby polar bear in his mother's embrace
Iistening to Bing Crosby singing carols. I know that by the 28th of December a lot of folks have taken down their trees and are in New Year's Eve mode but not I .... I cherish Christmas like a hard lemon drop and try to savour every drop of goodness. If Christmas is supposed to be about good will, charity, hope, faith, kindness, happiness , gratitude , cooperation , trust, joy, comfort, sharing, and just plain treating the world and every living thing on it as part of the whole cosmic being why the rush to recycle the tree? So I am having a Neo Citrin fortified with the juice of half a lemon hoping that the placebo effect will stop my sniffle in its tracks and let me fully enjoy not the 12 but the 365 Days of Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment