Wednesday, December 30, 2009

672 is the International Dialing Code for Antarctica and a song by the Dresden Dolls. We all know what Antarctica is, and for the benefit of the uninformed , the Dresden Dolls are Brechtian Punk Cabaret that are part of the dark cabaret movement. I have no idea what that is either, but thank God for Wikipedia. Have you made your contribution yet?
But 672 is also my Bib Number. It was intended for the Resolution Run but since that race is deferred it is going to be my Bypass Bib. And why not? I am going to have to work and sweat and cry and hopefully laugh and stumble and go forward and go backwards and have fun and have not so much fun and look at something in the mirror that will be less than charming, and reach my hand out for help and take that help and be afraid and have faith and have the willingness to trudge that road of happy destiny.
So I am number 672. So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment