Friday, April 16, 2010

So it is time for a plan – sort off. A week today (Friday , April 23, 2010 ) will be the 2 month anniversary of my quintuple bypass surgery. All the indications are that all is going well for me and it is now time to slowly (and I do emphasize slowly for my benefit and for the benefit of concerned readers) that I get on track doing some serious recovery work. I think it was okay to be a spectator for the first months. In fact it was more than okay, it was really the only thing to do; allow nature to take her course but here are three things that I am going to do (and I am putting them in writing for the Blog World, at least my little corner, to see) .


Return to Running

I was running when this journey started and it is to running that I shall return. (sounds dramatic!) . My pal Jessica over at the West Carlton Family Health Team ( she is one of the fitness consultants) is keen to have me put a date in the book that she and I can run 5K together. That is still in the “Yikes!!” category for me , but I am going to start from square one , doing a one minute run and a two minute walk for an initial total of 21 minutes, three times a week. I have been walking by 4K a day so I figure that I am ready to take it up a notch. The docs and the therapists and mentors tell you to do this while listening to your body and I will do just that. In theory I could be doing ten and ones sometime in July but I will do things one day at a time.

I even went to the Running Room to get a snazzy new running shirt and a stretching rope thing. I figure that I may be slow, and I may be clumsy but I will look natty.

Going to Yoga

I am signed up for yoga for Wednesday ! It will be the first time ever in the existence that I know about I have tired yoga. I am frightened of two things: 1) Making a fool of myself by being as flexible as a Gumby left at Absolute Zero overnight , and 2) Making a fool of myself by hysterical giggling. When I am nervous, I giggle and the more that I want to stop the more I giggle. But I have been getting stiffer and less flexible since spending that time and I am told that yoga is a possible fix.

Paula the Instructor is willing to lend me a mat for the first sessions. I will back off ordering Lululemon Gear until I see how this works.

Back to Weight Watchers

What can I say? I need to lose pounds and pounds. I know WW works. So I am just , like the Swish People Who Resurrect the Words of the Dead Out of Context to Neutralize the Actions of Their Most Expensive Commodity. I am going to Just Do It.

I weigh in tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment