Saturday, July 30, 2011

Today was a low key Camino. Five of us met up at Galilee for a gentle walk; we walked around the main building , then through the Grove, then down to the river and then back to the main building. My numbers? Not even three kilometers! So why does that bother me?

Why does that bother me, indeed? I think that it is because I suffer, no that is a poor word to use, I choose to practice Shallow Spirituality. Shallow Spirituality is a numbers game: How nay times did you go to church last month? How long did you pray for? How long did you meditate? How many prayers do you know? How complete is your check list. How many Camino Kilometers did you do this week? 63! Thanks for asking.

So what did I learn? Or more correctly, what do I think I learned? In no particular order:

1 - I practice Shallow Spirituality
2 - I obsess about numbers
3 - The milkweeds have suddenly grown pods - fat pods.
4 - Colours are getting more vibrant as the summer matures.
5- Talking is good
6 - Listening is better
7 - Jesus picked Jimmy because they crossed paths
8 - Sweating is good.
9 - Self Mobility via walking, cycling, or paddling is a luxury and blessing beyond measure
10 - Thinking is easy, Doing is harder, Knowing is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment