Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Last night, the last day of December and the last day of 2012 I did something that I had planned to do exactly three years previously. I had signed up to do the Resolution Run on December 31st, 2009 I had signed up to run the 5K - I even had a bib number : 672 but I could not run it. It was really this run that saved my life - if I had not decided to sign up for the Resolution Run of 2009 I would not have discovered that those blogged artery things and I would not have been on the journey. I have been running now since a Learn to Run in February of 2011 and now have no problem running 5 K on a regular basis. SO I am now shifting this blog to a running blog. Here is the deal - last night I ran the Resolution Run along the canal in Ottawa. Today was a rest day (also an open house day at our house) Will I run tomorrow? That is my will, but I have learned that my will is not the will that runs the world. But I am going to set out my plan, for formal runs this year: 10K - Carp Diefenbunker in May 2013 10K - Ottawa Race Weekend in May 2013 8K - Perth Kilt Run in June 2013 5K - McNab Braeside Tartan Run in June 2013 Distance To Be Determined - Ottawa Army Run in September 2013 Distance To Be Determined - Stittsville Nine Run Run in October 2013 5K - Arnprior Unity Run in October 2013 5K - Arnprior Solstice Run in December 2013 5K - Ottawa Resolution Run in December 2013 I had to put this in writing - now we will see what happens. Again I know my will but I am getting another stress test, hopefully in a couple of months, and we will see whose will gets carried out. My heart, my lungs, my knees, and most of all my acceptance shall be put to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment