Saturday, January 12, 2013

I am just back from a week in Arizona for a work conference. We were at a Desert Inn Conference Centre in Phoenix – the place was very nice but I had sort of envisioned a resort in the desert. I guess that is precisely as advertised because most of Phoenix is in the desert I guess and this place was in Phoenix and surrounded by highways, roads, homes, and shopping. I also did not think that palm trees were indigenous to the Arizonan desert but there is no shortage of palm trees. But I did run – I managed to do three outside runs and it was nice to run in someone warm weather. (I did a couple of treadmill sessions but the gym was bus, busy, busy) Well not that warm. The temperature in the morning before seven a.m. was likely under 10 degrees and the Friday morning, when I did not run, there was a frost warning . The most interesting run was on the golf course one day when we finished early (just after 5:00 p.m.) . I must have seen a hundred bunny rabbits and at least two coyotes. Thank God it was too cold for the snakes. The conference was intense as was the travel so today I rested. But I did sign up for the Kilt Run in Perth. It’s good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment