Monday, March 1, 2010

Full Day I at Home: The previous night I did not sleep that well, mainly due to a bit of a racing brain and some racing pains in my right leg and thigh - self diagnosed as being related to my sleeping positions . But after tossing and turning, changing pillows and even beds I sleep through to eight a.m.

I am tired and have a real lazy man’s day. My wife makes the coffee and some of that nice Castlegarth bread with a bit of brie, banana, and a few walnuts. While she cleans the litter boxes and walks the dog I rest. It is amazing how fatiguing this all is. Then my wife does with me the Day 1 of my exercises: breathing, stretching, standing, sitting, a week ago I would have laughed (well part of me would have laughed) , today …… what a workout! And with a coach! Then time for a sit-down rest.

At ten thirty in the morning or so the doorbell rings. It is the pharmacy in Renfrew dropping of supplies for my visit from my home nurse. You see yesterday, when they took off one of my chest incision dressings the nurse saw a bit of discharge that she did not like. So Budda Boom , Budda Ching, a swab is sent to the lab, and I am signed up for six home care nurse visits. The Health System can work pretty good at times. The Nurse Shows up on time and he does a pretty good job. So far so good on my discharge and incision discharge.

I have so much to say but my energy is sapping. I am off to the getting ready for bed routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment