Monday, February 15, 2010

Today is Family Day in Ontario. Today is President’s Day in the United Sates. It a Day of War in Afghanistan. It is Day of Sadness in Borjomi in Georgia, where the Vancouver Olympics will never be forgotten. It is Day Three of the Olympics in Vancouver itself. It is another Day of Worry at Toyota. Time marches on.

A week tonight I should be thinking about the February 23rd surgery. I of course cannot control any of this, but it would be nice to have it when scheduled this time. I am pain free and feel “comfortable” as doctors like to say. But I am annoyed at my indolent, maybe even slothful lifestyle. Today was a picture perfect February 15, 2010 ,not too cold, and certainly not too warm, or too windy or too snowy or too anything else. Yet my snowshoes hang on the garage wall. The skis have not moved since last March. The kayaks have as much of a look of anticipation as a roto molded chunk of plastic can have. The Kona Dew Deluxe is not doing much either.

It is maddening that I cannot get my heart rate up to were I want over the last months. Today I feel just not right. It is not like anything hurts, it is just that I feel tired and sort of noncontributory. I had a good day yesterday and I don’t know if the excitement got to me. Maybe it was yesterday’s salt.

I know that the recovery after the surgery is going to likely make me wish for the “good old days” that I am now experiencing. But I am looking forward to moving on. It will be interesting for me to revisit these words in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment