Monday, February 22, 2010

Today is Monday, February 22, 2010 and I am taking a day of vacation, and getting ready, yet again, for my surgery that is scheduled for tomorrow at 1300h.

This time around my feelings are a bit muted by a thought of whether or not this is going to happen, or if I am going to have cancellation number three. I am okay with either, but I would, of course, much rather have the surgery.

I work for a wonderful employer. Since this journey began, I have had to take lots of time here and there off for blood work and tests and appointments. I have spent two days in the hospital as basically a day patient. I have not been performing on all cylinders. I have missed one very important trade show and one training session as I could not travel. Twice I have started to take short term disability leave and twice I have pulled the plug on it.

If I owned the company I would have said enough is enough! Are you here or are you not? How long are you going to stretch this out? How many blood tests do they need? Are you sure that you are not dealing with Count Dracula?

But I do not own the Company. I am grateful that I work for an organization that has policies and procedures in place that recognize that people get sick and they need the benefit of time off and a flow of income to get better. I am very, very, lucky to have that great privilege and I thank the founders for starting this and the present owners and managers to still allow that gift.

My wife has put blue in her hair. That is a guarantee that surgery will take place, so I will see you all in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment