Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And finally it arrives. My letter comes in from the Heart Institute and I am booked Friday the 27th of November. For me , in my Self Ego Mode, it is a momentous day that is coming up. For the hospital it is just another day, which of course is a good thing, as it would not be good if the hospital were running around saying “Oh my God! Oh my God! We are actually going to do an angiogram and maybe an angioplasty!! Wow! This is so cool! Wait until we tell the guys at the bar.
No …… routine is better.
I am very calm. Okay I had to dial a number the cardiologist’s office and I flash backed to my days in Toronto and dialed up 416 xxx-xxxx and I thought today was a Thursday and not a Wednesday. But I am very calm.
I sometimes use hyperbole (ya figure?). I was talking to a business associate that works for a government agency. He mentioned a colleague of his that works on the Atlantic Coast that I used to talk to about once or twice a quarter. I had not heard from him for a while and it turns out he is getting cancer treatment. So far this year, he has had some massive surgery and 38 radiation treatments. His mouth and throat is so sore from this that he can barely eat. That is something that is worth worrying about. I am taking what ever is dished out to me with all the gratitude that I can muster. Not everybody gets a rest in their running programmes.
My wife took the beagle in to trim his nails. He was so traumatized that she had to take him to the book store and then to McDonalds for ice cream. Not sure how beagle will feel about the arrival of Kindle in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment