Thursday, November 5, 2009

I just got back from hearing someone speak of his trials and tribulations as he trudged the road of happy destiny. The courage and the bravery of this man had to breach the walls of hell itself as he struggled just to exist. It took my breath away. The good thing about courage and hope is that it is contagious and I was able to take away more than my fair allotment tonight.
I have also decided to get the H1NI shot on Monday, if time allows after the cardiologist. That has caused me a bit of anguish. I am not really formally diagnosed with coronary disease, just PFL. I basically feel fine and I thought that I should not be knocking over people in wheelchairs just to get a shot. But then I thought this: all the evidence is that I have something serious, maybe it can and will be resolved, but at this point I have every right to protect my health. It was really ego that developed that thought about the wheelchairs being knocked over. An ego has become a luxury I cannot afford.
I got a hug from a friend tonight and she wished me well. I have never been a big hugger, except with my wife. The reason is, that I had a female friend a long time ago who shared with me that hugs could be creepy. The friendly hug that lingers a bit too long, is a bit too tight, and a bit heavy on the body contact. I like to think that I have never been a creepy hugger and I am pretty sure I have not. But somehow I wanted to err on the side of caution. I am not sure what I am trying to say, but that hug tonight was nice. So another bonus, I am becoming more of a hugger.

1 comment: