Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Imaging techniques at the Heart Institute include Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Computer Tomography (CT), SPECT and Canada’s first combined cardiac PET-CT machine. (stolen right from the web site) Cool … I guess. But search anything on the internet and you will find pros and cons. An expensive, inconclusive, cancer causing toy or a life saver. Who knows?
In my self centred world I am looking for a solution Monday. I want to be told that this is what this will happen, I will go for this procedure in two weeks and this will happen and I will be out of commission for this long and then I will start practicing for a half marathon. But I may have to accept that nothing will happen Monday or maybe even never. I am not the centre of the universe, nor the Milky Way, nor the Solar System, nor Gaia , nor Canada, nor my Province, not my town, nor my street, nor my house. I am just dust here for a reason yet to be revealed.
The good news is I know what heaven and Eden are like. I don’t know if they are out there beyond the useful dust stage but that does not matter.
Of course centre is a matter or perspective. When I look out I am the centre of everything … it is funny how everything can revolve around a piece if dust and I am not anxious to give up the view just yet. Bring on the PET-CT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment