Saturday, November 7, 2009

Many moons ago I made a drastic change in my life, and all I thought that I could hear, was the sound of closing doors. Bang – no more fun at parties. Bang – New Year’s Eve will be just another night. Bang – Why even bother going on a cruise? I soon learned that the bangs were the sound of new doors opening. I have more fun at parties then ever, maybe some New Year’s my wife and I watch the Wizard of Oz for the 2 millionth time while eating olive bread fresh from the oven but it is still wonderful to bring in a New Year against the background of flying scary monkeys.
So I have a few bangs lately with respect to my new found cardiac consciousness. The one neat thing is how much people are willing to share. This morning my wife and I were at the local public school’s indoor garage sale (thanks Premier McGuinty) and I ran into my friend Bill who innocently asked me “What’s new?” so I told him. Turns out he had a very similar experience. It is not my place to tell his story here, but the point is , Bill’s sharing gave me new insights. My friend’s Jim., Don, and Cam have done the same. So, in the course of a very short time I have new respect, new insight , new strength, and new hope.
How wonderful is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment