Thursday, November 12, 2009

I rush to look at the mail today hoping for something from the Heart Institute. There is stuff from work, stuff from Rogers, stuff from one of the local funeral homes (they care enough to let me know about the Pre Arranged Funeral Program) but nothing from the OHI. Am I being inpatient, neurotic, self-centred, niggling, and boring? I know the answer.
My wife and I went out for Turkey Dinner at the truck stop. Usually the Ottawa Valley has Pea Soup on Friday’s but at the truck stop you get it on Thursday’s. Crazy eh? But knowledge like that is what makes living here so neat. I meet four people I know there. That is not really a big deal around these parts but it is a big deal compared to when we lived in Toronto. There, if you met someone you knew on an outing you would talk about it for days but here in OV it is not even worth mentioning but it is one of the reasons why life is so much worth living around here. I am allowed to walk a bit more briskly now, although the adverb “briskly” is usually not applied to the verb “walking” when the object is a beagle . But no matter … I am going to do some longer walks on the weekend and maybe risk a paddle. As long as the good weather holds Tomorrow is another day at the mailbox

No comments:

Post a Comment