Saturday, November 7, 2009

Warning Warning Warning (As Robot said in Lost in Space) I am not religious, I am not Catholic. But I do go to Mass, and I take my own spin away: sorry if I offend anyone (of course you need readers to offend but I digress.)
Today’s Readings
1 Kings 17 10-16
Story of how Elijah (the guy who killed all the Priests of Baal) came to a widow who was down to her last little bit of flour and olive oil. Elijah asks for some water and a piece of bread. She says “Dude, after I go home a make this little bit of bread that is it. My boy and I are going to starve, there is a drought going on. Elijah tells her not to fret; the flour and oil will not run out until the drought ends. Turns out the E Man is right.
Hebrews 9 24 – 28
Story of how Jesus dies only once and so do we. Get it? We only die once
Mark 12 38-44
Jesus and the disciples are hanging out by the synagogue and watching the action. Jesus gets annoyed by all the posers – rich show offs, decked out in the latest fashion right out of GQ acting like they know everything but they know nothing. Some rich guys are giving a lot of money but that seems to bore Jesus. But then a poor woman gives a few coins but that is all she has. That blows Jesus away and he tells his guys that they should really, really, be paying attention here.

What all this means to me today;
Okay, a jar that does not run out of flour, a little reminder, (God knows that he is not dealing with the brightest) that you die only once, and the story of giving your all is important and the ideal.
Hmm …. I have only one life, I will never run out of what I truly need, and if I want to join life to the maximum I had better give it all I have. Not bad … eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment