Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am munching on a Chocolate Pecan Cookie as I write this. It may not be my first one. But, and this is a very important BUT, the cookies were purchased today at the Ottawa Heart Institute. I was in for blood work and accosted by a nurse, surgeon, security guard a very sweet direction volunteer. If this cookie had been made by Lynn at the Neat Coffee Shop I would have thought; the butter, the sugar, the chocolate chips, the pecans ……but since this came from the Ottawa Heart Institute , I am sure the melt in your mouth, full frontal assault on every taste bud on your tongue, was illusionary.
Tomorrow is my angiogram and maybe angioplasty. I am Patient Number Three, that means that I get in at 7:30, follow the green hearts, make sure that I bring drugs in original containers, slippers, a robe (bath as opposed to Roman) , a book, don’t eat after five a.m., and drink nothing after 7:00 a.m.
I feel like a) I am getting ready to go on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, b) am walking into an exam with no idea what is on the test, c) am the winner of the biggest 649 ever, d) about to discover that I have just gotten off the stage having accepted an Academy Award only to have discovered that I have forgotten to wear pants, e) am in the Mosh Pit for Lawrence Welk Redux, f) am the guy turning the horse lap counter thing in the Chariot Race of Ben Hur, g) about to be a voyeur for my own body and h) worried that I will pee on the operating table. In other words, I have mixed emotions.
See everybody tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment