Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nothing this week from the Heart Institute about any appointments; how can that be? I am not important? Are there other priorities? Are there other people who need help? Do they expect me to wait my turn? I guess …..
My mail is getting more interesting, or maybe I am just paying more attention. I have , on top of the thing from the funeral home this week, an invitation Beechwood Cemetery (pardon me; Beechwood National Memorial Centre) for hot chocolate, cider , candles, and carols. And the local drug store considers me now, a “Special Customer,” and the next time and the next time and the next time I go there and spend more than fifty bucks I get 50 Air Miles! My current condition is just like having an American Express Card – it has its privileges.
Today I did some extended beagle walks and am brewing some kind of soup that at this stage involves the slow simmering of a pork hock in a shallot and celery broth. After I defat the thing I will add carrots, barley and then toss in some broccoli in the end and see what comes out. There is always Tim Horton’s as a back up.
The strange health thing this week was my three day cough / sore throat / weak and achy thing. I do wonder if it had anything to do with my flu shot. It is just that a three day cold is a bit bizarre.
I must say that bloging (blogging?) is a bit bizarre in that it is public (my choice) and yet being written exclusively for myself just to keep track. Part of me worries about keeping the external reader happy – part of me says that my imaginary reader will be moved to fall asleep on the spot, as they read about my simmering pork hocks. But my very wise and noble cousin advised me as follows: Don't feel pressured to impress your readers. So as I have, many times, more times that she would even suspect, follow her sage advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment