Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today I am achy, not as in Achy Breaky Heart, (that is under control, or a least in the queue) but as in achy all over. Maybe that is my reaction to yesterday’s flu shot, or maybe I caught what my wife had – a sort of viruses passing at night thing.
I am a bit apprehensive about keeping a record of this. It sounds petty and whiny but the purpose of this blog is keep a record of how I am feeling, how I am and thinking so if whiny it is then, whiny it is.
Part of me feels guilty about getting the shot yesterday. I am not really weakened or about to keel over and I feel like I have shoved myself in front of some poor person that really needs the thing. But I do want to be ready when my turn comes up for the procedure and I suppose that makes it all okay. I must say that the County of Renfrew did a wonderful job in the distribution of the shots. They opened up 30 minutes early , explained everything well, had minimal paperwork, provided help for those that had problems, and had a bingo caller telling you where to go. (B28 – Bingo!!)
I really have to say that I keep on being impressed by the Ontario system. The women (well to be fair there were two men there as well who got to wear natty reflective vests) did as I said above, a wonderful job. It has to be physically tough to inject person after person after person for five hours and still smile and look good. Not everybody I am sure is a happy customer and the nurses must be frustrated that a lot of their other projects must be falling off the table.
It really makes me feel small and humble to really understand how many people are out there working on the behalf of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment